As an influencer who’s always buying makeup on top of being sent makeup products for reviewing, my makeup stash gets big really quick with a whole lot of stuff! I almost miss the days when you find that golden product and just stick with it until it actually runs out and next comes a fun day of beauty shopping with your girlfriends to replenish it.
Since cooling down my blog work a few months ago, I’ve had the time to declutter and really focus on the products that are making a huge difference in my beauty routine and also helping me attain the look I’m going for. Fresh, Pretty and Glowy Makeup that last most of the day.
So let’s take a look at my everyday makeup arsenal from start to finish! I have about twenty items so grab your makeup shopping list if some intrigue you to add to your collection. Muah!
Makeup Top Picks
- Nivea for Men Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm – After finishing up my skincare routine, this is the next thing to hit my face. The almost watery consistency gives a refreshing, moisturizing layer to my skin that leaves it a little tacky and ready to add makeup or no makeup most days. The “fresh out the shower man smell” disappears after a few minutes. I’m not sure how this would work with sensitive skin but for an oily, normal to combination gal like myself its a holy grail product with a great price point.
- Bobbi Brown Skin Smoothing Pore Perfecter – I have a love/hate relationship with this stuff and it’s recently proven itself to be a great addition to my everyday. What this does for me is give primed and prepped skin for makeup application. It helps to control oil but it doesn’t over dry my skin like most potent oil control primers. The price point is not drugstore but a good dupe for this is the black radiance shine control primer.
- Maybelline Baby Skin-This year I started to notice pores on my face that drive me nuts and seriously I was searching high and low for some spackle to fill in those pesky aging little holes on either side of my nose. Since speckle is for wall joints and construction, I settled for this amazing silicone primer by Maybelline. I like the way it instantly smoothes out my skin and hides those little pore holes. This is the last light layer before adding my foundation.
- Beauty Blender Sponge– I didn’t want to like this twenty dollar sponge of goodness but this has helped my makeup application so much this year. Blending out my concealer was its only job but this year I started using it to blend out my foundation and I love the look of less cake and more flawless skin.
- Laura Mercier Flawless Fusion Ultra Long Wear Foundation– This foundation has really come through for me and I’ve tried MANY foundations out this year. What I love is the color match to my skin tone and also the way it wears on my face throughout the day. The coverage is medium to full, it feels like you’re wearing nothing and I like how my oil looks as it starts to peek through this foundation. Some mattes or long wearing foundations are so matte that when you start to get oily which you will…you look like a melting mess of cool and warm tone goo (well at least in my experience). With this formula, my foundation enhanced skin tone doesn’t look off when my real oil starts to make its way through. I’m not a blot throughout the day gal.
- L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer– I think the color fawn is universal because everybody uses it lol! This is my ride or die concealer and I love mixing it with the YSL Radiant Touch for my perfect mix.
- Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Radiant Touch – 6 Luminous Radiance– Honestly, I’m annoyed that I love this so much because it cost too damn much! I remember reviewing this and throwing back in my drawer because it was basically my skin color. One day while rushing out for a meeting I popped this under my eyes and have been hooked since. Natural and radiant! This melts into my skin and still looks like skin.
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder– A super fine powder and sets my makeup to perfection!
- MAC Eye Brows Brow Definer – Spiked-This by far is my go to for eyebrows! Goes on effortlessly and it has stay power!
- Urban Decay Original Eyeshadow Primer Potion-Leaves a great finish and gives my shadows a vibrant pop.
- Morphe Jaclyn Hill Eyeshadow Palette– This is a great everyday palette. Creamsicle is one of my tops for a transition shade. The formula is smooth and very blendable. A great starter palette for beginners and a great everyday palette for lots of looks.
- e.l.f.® Precision Eyeliner Black-So so good! Be careful if you have eye creases but it doesn’t bleed like most liquid liners and dries so black and matte. Oh and it’s two dollars…you’re welcome!
- Rodial Glamolash Mascara XXL-amps up my little lashes! I can apply multiple coats without clumping or smudging. Lashes are full of volume and defined.
- Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder – Dark-This is my absolute favorite bronzer that I have ever found! The formula allows this to blend smoothly and go on evenly. No “orange” look or too much shimmer. Lasts throughout my entire day.
- Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette- The middle shade is pretty much all I use in this palette. It’s my transition shade for ALL my eye shadow looks and I can’t get enough. Worth the price to buy just for that shade alone. This is pretty much an eyeshadow palette for me.
- Black Radiance Face Powder-Great coverage and you need a very light hand. Just be cautious on adding multiple layers. As I’ve said in everyday makeup look video, I use this without foundation a lot of days.
- MAC Powder Blush – Sweet As Cocoa-Beautiful bronzer and blush color in one. I use to pass by this over the years because I thought it was too close to Format and didn’t want to buy two of the same but they are so different. Such a pretty blush and perfect for my skin tone.
- Lorac TANtalizer Baked Bronzer– This finish gives a radiant and luminous glow. I like this for my highlighting needs without looking like I have too much sparkle on my face. It’s my “age appropriate” glow highlighter and may everyday one too!
- Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Cucumber & Green Tea- The sprayer on this is perfect to finish off my makeup look. Heading into the day this gives a boost of hydration and I love that the green tea provides antioxidant protection. Cool and great price point.
- e.l.f. Lip Lacquer-I love the bright shine and love that it’s Vitamin E enriched. My lips feel smooth, comfortable, and moisturized. I wear this top on of 99% of my lip looks and I love it! My lips be popping!
What were your ride or die beauty products that you stuck with throughout the year? Leave them below so I can check them out!